The key principle of our preschool lies, above all, in respecting the child as an individual
SETTLE YOUR DOUBTS
Frequent questions from our clients
WHY CHOOSE RED HOUSE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL?
- Red House offers to your kids a curriculum that provided a high academic and professional performance, in Brazil or abroad.
- In Red House our students have one of the best educations in English language in the country.
- We are recognized as a school of excellence in the acquisition of the language in the quality of our students’ pronunciation.
- Our methodology is one of the most successful ones of the world, focusing on discovery and experimentation, critical reasoning, emotional intelligence for decision-making, and creativity.
- Red House’s Curriculum is developed by expert from Switzerland and Brazil, emphasizing Brazilian culture.
- Red House’s experts carry out a rigorous training programme of the teaching staff, academic follow-up, and quality certification
WHAT CYCLES OFFERED BY RED HOUSE?
Red House provides education from Preschool to Elementary School I (4th grade). We will grow year by year with our students, thus following up on their development.
- Preschool (from one year of age)
- Elementary I (from 6 to 10 years)
- Elementary II (from11 to 14 years)
WHAT STRUCTURE DOES RED HOUSE PROVIDE?
All spaces at Red House were conceived to promote learning. With a state-of-the-art technological structure, allied with traditional educational tools, we created spaced for each age group.
We count with larger classrooms, music rooms, theater, arts room, mess hall, and everything a leading school needs. Modern laboratories, such as Fablab and traditional labs such as science labs and space makers, turn our school into more ludic and practical learning spaces.
We also count with a library and full accessibility for children with physical impairments.
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL’S ADDRESS?
- Engenheiro Edgar Egídio de Souza, 444
- Albuquerque Lins, 773
WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL HOURS AND THE AFTER SCHOOL HOURS?
Red House operates from Monday to Friday, from 7h30 a.m., with school activities taking place from 8H a.m. at 3h40 p.m.. From 3h40 p.m. to 17h15 p.m. we offer optional activities from our After School programme.
DOES THE SCHOOL REQUIRE UNIFORM?
Yes. All children must wear uniforms that are acquired directly from our authorized providers
WHAT IS RED HOUSE’S METHODOLOGY? WHAT IS THE PYP?
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is a curriculum for children and youngsters from 3 to 12 years old designed by IB. It is based on a philosophy that acknowledges the natural curiosity of children, and well as their creativity and capacity to reflect, the PYP created a stimulating and challenging learning environment to nurture these assets and promote a life-long love for learning in all children.
The PYP, as in any programmes from IB, is transdisciplinary, which means the students learn in thematic areas when investigating great ideas.
DOES PYP HAVE A SPECIFIC SET OF STANDARDS?
With PYP, the students learn about significant concepts using investigation units.
Themes that guide the inquiry units and comprise a year of study are:
- Who we are
- Where we are in place and time
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- Sharing the planet.
The investigation units narrow disciplines such as math, language arts, sciences, and social studies.
This approach incentives the students to make their own connections between what they learn in the main subject and the world around them.
The school describes its content of specific knowledge and academic curriculum, guided by the five essential elements below:
- The content of knowledge is organized according with transdisciplinary themes. The school decides which specific topics to be studied under each theme.
- The learning skills aim to help the students to become independent, and motivated apprentices.
- The learning attitudes aim to develop the life-long will to learn, and nurture curiosity and confidence in the individual.
- The action component emphasizes the need to connect the students with their own potential and the responsibility to use what they have learned.
- The rigorous directives for classroom practices to combine IB’s educational philosophy and values are communicated via the professional development and an internal reflection process of the school.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AN IB EDUCATION?
- IB World Schools (the only schools authorized to provide IB Programmes) are subject to a rigorous certification process monitored by IB, ensuring that the school provide the highest quality education.
- IB’s teaching methods and curriculums are based on the research and design of the best practices of systems all over the world.
- IB teachers are required to participate in many professional development opportunities to promote their awareness of the current practices and new lines of thought.
- IB students develop a sense of the world around them and their responsibility with it (See “What is IB Education?”)
- IB programmes are recognized internationally and facilitate the educational transition of moving students, so that their education is not negatively affected if their families need to move.
DO IB TEACHERS RECEIVE SPECIAL TREATMENT?
All PYP teachers received professional development in IB approaches to education and approaches in order to learn from certified leader in IB’s workshops. This is a requirement for IB World Schools implementing the PYP.
HOW IS THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS CARRIED OUT?
The first step is to get to know our school. Call us in the telephone +55 11 2309 7999, or register here. Schedule a visit and come meet us to settle all your doubts on our pedagogic practices and operational policies.
After making the enrollment and before the school years starts, an interview will be scheduled with the pedagogic coordinator to get to know the child better. This process can also happen in the early days of school.
HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE THERE IN EACH CLASS?
Toddlers 1: up to 12 students per class
Toddlers 2: up to 12 students per class
Kindergarten 3: up to 14 students per class
Kindergarten 4: up to 16 students per class
Kindergarten 5: up to 18 students per classa
Elementary School I
1st: up to 18 students per class
2nd: up to 18 students per class
3rd: up to 18 students per class
4th: up to 18 students per class
5th: up to 18 students per class
Elementary School II:
6th: up to 20 students per class
7th: up to 20 students per class
8th: up to 20 students per class
9th: up to 20 students per class
FROM WHAT AGE CAN MY CHILD STUDY AT RED HOUSE?
To enter our school, the child need to be one year old and walking without the help of an adult.